Today I'm going to show you how to make your own Christmas bows ...for next to nothing!
You can use Either Magazine pages, to 'WOW' a green Friend, or to simply keep costs low you can also use Scrapbooking paper - to customize and streamline your gifts look.
You will need;
Scrapbook paper or magazine page
Glue or stapler
Pen or pencil
- Take your pencil, Ruler and paper, and Measure out (vertically) 9 strips Each measuring 3/4". Cut these out and line up
- Next Divide you're strips into some groups Two Groups of 3, One Group of 2 and one Group of 1
- Put one of the groups of 3 to the side (we leave these as-is) Cut 1" off the end of each of the second group of Three
- Cut 2" off each of the group of 2
- Measure out the last Strip to 3.5"
- The tricky part; you need to 'Twist' each of the large strips (8) into a figure-8 and glue ends in place - The easiest way to do this, is to do one side at at time, the colored side of the paper out - you won't see much of the white once we're done anyways. This is tricky but gets easier with a little pratice.
- When you have twisted all 8 of the strips, roll the 3.5" strip into a circle.
- Next Glue and place each of the size groups together.(Two Groups of 3 and one of 2) Let dry.
- When your groups have dried. Glue together. then glue the circle into the middle.
When using scrapbook Paper, you may find using a stapler to work better, as the card-stock is heavier than Magazine pages.
I used Glue, but it was much more difficult.
Peace, Love & Happy Holidays